Extra-curricular activities are an important part of a well-rounded educational experience. GHCS offers a variety of programs to supplement classroom activities.
Athletics at Grand Haven Christian provides another opportunity for students to explore and refine God-given talents and abilities. Sports activities allow for skill development, working with and together as a team, and competing in a manner that brings all glory to God.
GHCS offers the following sports for students:
- Girls' Softball (Grades 7 & 8)
- Boys' Soccer (Grades 7 & 8)
- Football (Grades 7 & 8)***
- Boys' & Girls' Cross-Country (Grades 7 & 8)***
- Girls' Tennis (Grades 7 & 8)***
Winter #1 (October-December)
- Girls' Basketball (Grades 5 & 6)
- Girls' Basketball (Grades 7 & 8)
- Girls' Swimming (Grades 7 & 8)***
Winter #2 (December-March)
- Boys' Basketball (Grades 5 & 6)
- Boys' Basketball (Grades 7 & 8)
- Girls' Volleyball (Grades 7 & 8)
- Wrestling (Grades 7 & 8)***
- Girls' Soccer (Grades 7 & 8)
- Boys' Baseball (Grades 7 & 8)
- Boys' & Girls' Track & Field (Grades 6 - 8)
- Boys' Tennis (Grades 7 & 8)***
*** Opportunities to participate in these and other sports are available through our cooperative agreements to join teams at Grand Haven Public Schools (Lakeshore Middle School) and NORA (the North Ottawa Recreation Association).
Schedules and other information can be accessed on the athletics blog.
The FIRST LEGO League is a program that is designed to get students excited about science and technology. Participants learn to work as a team while designing and building a robot to perform specific tasks. They also spend a significant amount of time researching a solution to a real-life problem and presenting findings in the form of a skit at a competition. This program goes far beyond just playing with Legos!
GHCS Ski and Snowboard Club is an optional extra-curricular opportunity for students in grades 5-8. The club meets for 6 weeks in January and February. With the help of parent chaperones, the club travels each Friday night to Cannonsburg Ski and Snowboard Area (north of Grand Rapids) to ride the slopes.
Girls on the Run
Girls on the Run (GOTR) is a 10 week, after school program in the spring that helps prepare girls to make healthy choices and develop self-respect for themselves and others while training for a 5k run. GOTR is for 3-5th graders and uses a curriculum that offers lessons that address issues that are specific and relevant to girls of this age. It is designed to be encouraging and help every girl feel like a "winner" both emotionally and physically!